Tacx Neo 2 Smart Indoor Cycling Trainer
Tacx equipped the NEO 2 Smart with an improved and faster chipset, enabling a smoother and more responsive control of the NEO motor. This results in a quieter indoor cycling experience and paves the way for new and immersive features. With the new Pedal stroke analysis feature you can improve your power distribution and cycling performance. This is made this possible by adding a capacitive left and right detection sensor, enabling this bike trainer to measure the exact position of both your legs.
The familiar NEO Smart features are still there. Like Road Feel, with which you experience the vibrating sensation of riding on cobblestones, gravel and many other road surfaces (in Tacx Films and Zwift). And that exciting feeling of accelerating into a descent after you’ve reached the top of a mountain, simulated with the Descent simulation feature. Also, like the NEO, it is equipped with Dynamic inertia. In contrast to the mass inertia of a flywheel, Dynamic inertia compensates for weight, speed and angle of inclination, improving the cycling feeling significantly. With the Isokinetic and Isotonic training modes you train on a fixed power or speed to improve your pedal stroke. These modes are available for free in the Tacx Utility app.
This NEO 2 is equipped with the same powerful resistance unit as the NEO, being able to simulate incline gradients up to 25% and sprints up to 2200 Watts. What differentiates the NEO series from other trainers is the maximum resistance when cycling at low speeds, small gears and very steep climbs. Enabling realistic hill climb simulations. Also, one of the key benefits is that there is no need for maintenance and calibration. In contrast to all other indoor trainers and direct drives, there are no physical transmissions (like a belt) or other internal or external influencers on the power measurement. It measures your power across the entire operating range accurately within 1%, making sure you that your data is accurate and reliable.
The NEO 2 Smart is a fully interactive Smart trainer. It measures your speed, cadence and power, and can be controlled by Tacx and 3rd party applications. The NEO 2 doesn’t require an external power source as it generates its own energy from your cycling movement. You can train anywhere you want, like on holiday or a training camp! Its frame allows for a few degrees of movement to the left and right while cycling, so it follows the natural course of your body, improving the cycling feeling. The frame is easily foldable to a small size and when folded, the legs act as two handles for easy transportation. By supplying this direct drive trainer with extra axle adapters, the axle compatibility significantly increased. This bike trainer is compatible with 142x12mm and 148x12mm, straight out of the box.
- NEW Improved axle compatibility: By supplying the NEO 2 Smart with extra axle adapters, the axle compatibility significantly increased. The NEO 2 Smart is compatible with 142x12mm and 148x12mm, straight out of the box.
- NEW Improved quietness due to improved electronics: Tacx redesigned the internal electronics completely. A new, improved and faster chipset allowed for a smoother and more responsive control of the NEO motor. Resulting in a quieter cycling experience and paving the way for new and immersive features.
- NEW Pedal stroke analysis & left/right measurement: By adding a capacitive left and right detection sensor, this bike trainer is now able to measure the exact position of both your legs. This allows for a detailed and accurate pedal stroke analysis enabling you to improve your power distribution and cycling performance.
- Dynamic inertia: Dynamic inertia is developed to control the mass inertia (ride feel) as realistic as possible. In contrast to the mass inertia of a flywheel, Dynamic inertia compensates for weight, speed and angle of inclination. This ensures the most realistic ride feel.
- Road feel: Experience the vibrating sensation of riding on cobblestones, gravel and many other road surfaces. This immersive feature is unique to the NEO 2 and can be used with Tacx Films and Zwift.
- Descent simulation: At the top of a hill or mountain there is always that exciting feeling of accelerating into a descent. Exactly that feeling is what this bike trainer gives you. The NEO 2 Smart accelerates in a descent.
- Silent trainer: Tacx claims Neo 2 is a completely silent trainer
- Self powered: The NEO 2 Smart doesn’t require an external power source as it generates its own energy from your cycling movement. This direct drive trainer can easily be used anywhere you like. When connected to an external power source the Descent simulation feature is enabled.
- Fully connected: The NEO 2 Smart connects wirelessly via ANT+ (FE-C) and Bluetooth, allowing you to train with your favorite cycling application.
- Isokinetic and Isotonic mode: Training for an even pedal stroke is difficult. The same goes for building power in your stroke by training at a high wattage and low cadence. This is why Tacx developed the Isokinetic and Isotonic training modes for the NEO 2 in the Tacx Utility app.
- Maintenance free: There is no maintenance, no calibration and there are no adjustment required.
- LED intensity indicators: Responsive LED lights on the trainer change color from green to red based on your training intensity.
- Flexible frame: The design of the NEO 2 Smart allows a few degrees of movement to the left and right while cycling. Its frame follows the natural course of your body, bringing you a certain freedom of movement that improves the cycling feeling.
- Accurate and reliable: NEO 2 measures your power accurately within 1%
- No calibration: The NEO 2 Smart is the only trainer that doesn't require a calibration process.
- Powerful: The NEO 2 Smart is equipped with a very powerful resistance unit, being able to simulate incline gradients up to 25% and sprints up to 2200 Watts.
- Stand alone: The smart electronics of the NEO 2 Smart allow you to train stand alone, without any software connections. The resistance follows a progressive power curve, in accordance with cycling on a flat road. Speeding up means an increase of resistance.
- Firmware updates: With the Tacx Utility app you can easily update the firmware of the NEO 2 Smart to the latest version.
- Interactive smart: The NEO 2 Smart is a fully interactive Smart trainer. Measuring speed, cadence and power, but can also be externally controlled by software applications.
- Connection indicators: Intuitive LED’s on the side of the NEO 2 Smart show when the trainer is powered and connected to a device over ANT+ or Bluetooth.
- Axle and bike compatibility: Race 130mm, MTB 135mm, 142x12mm, 148x12mm
- Cassette and wheel compatibility: Shimano & SRAM: 8 t/m 11 speed
What's in the Box:
- NEO 2 Smart trainer
- Power Adapter
- Power cable
- Quick release 5mm
- 142x12 mm adapter kit
- Assembly kit
- Front wheel support included